Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: last motherboards with ISA on the market

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MILLARD STEPHANE's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2000
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all.

    I want to keep my EWS64XL !
    I want to upgrade my computer !
    I don't want AMD ( prefer INTEL )!

    so : what's the fastest processor I can use
    on which motherboard ????? rolleyes

    welcome to the wonderful world of dead technology !


    ------------------

  2. #2
    Inactive Member raddaqii's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2001
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    no need to shout. :/

    i got a gigabyte GA-7IXE4 with an AMD athlon 900, but it takes intel as well without problems. the motherboard has two ISAs, which is just the right number. smile gigabyte seems to be one of the last manufacturers to have ISAs.

    anyway, if you agree not to take the brand newest model, but one thats been on the market for a couple of months, not only will you get more detailed reviews (implies complaint-free use if you take these into account) but also save a hell lot of money. and, there might not even be a choice really. :P


    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by raddaqii (edited November 17, 2001).]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MILLARD STEPHANE's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2000
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi.

    Sorry for your ears. I don't shout, I'm just talking a little bit too loud.

    Are you sure your motherboard accepts INTEL
    ( though sockets were different ).

    I think I have to buy a P3 1GHZ / new motherboard.

    does somebody here upgrade his own PC in this way ? what are really the benefits ?

    Thanks to all.


    ------------------

  4. #4
    Inactive Member zappucco's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2001
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you want to stick with Intel, you'll have less and worst options, because their most recent chipsets for motherboards don't support ISA. So you should look on 2nd hand market probably.
    I would change to AMD Athlon, it is cheaper and better and you got a whole lot of motherboards including ISA slots that support also the latest technology: UDMA 100, SDRAM PC133, USB and Firewire...which could benefit you audio work with no doubt.


    ------------------

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Jason Wong's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Hello!

    In my opinion~

    We no need to keep our ews64 for nowaday pc so hard if we got the $$...
    It's quite hard to use ews64 in present.:-(

    First,You need to fit the hardware ...then we haven't get the driver of window Xp.Just only perform on Win 98.I prefer don't spend the $$ to buy the new hardware if still use win 98.

    We are no advantage to keep this soundcard actually!

    If you get the new pc...you better go to buy the PCI soundcard..which should no compatible
    problem occur~
    Don't you hate the compatible problem?? :-)

    take care

    Jason




    ------------------

  6. #6
    Inactive Member raddaqii's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2001
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    @MILLARD STEPHANE, no, I cannot guarantee that. but have a look at other people's reviews, or magazines that test stuff like that.

    but still, I would go along with the recommendation to probably choose an Athlon. Intel P$, then, only works to their full potential if your memory etc comply to harsh and costly specs - AMD is much more tolerant and saves you $$ you might want to spend elsewhere.

    ------------------

  7. #7
    Inactive Member skara69's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you want Intel, there is the last motherboard ABIT VH6-T with ISA slot, full support of P-III Tualatin and Audio on board. But I don't know about the onboard chipset VIA compatibility with our EWS64.

    ------------------

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Jason Wong's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh~thx

    I think I will try to upgrade my Pc with my EWS64xl one time...
    Abit vh6t is great!It can support Celeon 1.2
    ...The performence should be great...

    EWS 64 come back! T0T

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •